Are you interested to expand your knowledge on the red-mud deposits in the ESEE region, principles of their characterization, potential and techniques for the red mud re-processing and REE extraction?
The RIS-RESTORE summer school is then the right place for you!
The appearance of circular economy concept and industrial symbiosis in the utilization of red mud
When: 5-day course; 30.8.-3.9. (Monday –Friday)
20th of August
Prolonged until 25th of August!
The Summer school will cover state of the art lectures in the topics of:
- Red-mud characterization (Day 1)
- Deposits in the ESEE region (Day 2)
- Extraction of REE from red mud (Day 3)
- Implementing industrial symbiosis - red mud recycling options (Day 4)
- Red mud recycling options in the construction sector (Day 5)
- Short innovation pitching course & pitching session (Day 3 & 5)
Awarded with 1 ECT!
- State of the art knowledge on red-mud
- Learning on the principles of Industrial symbiosis and circular economy
- Networking activities with other participants & group work
- Short innovation pitching course
Who should apply?
Summer school is focusing on the capacity building of the Master and PhD students from the ESEE region (Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Greece, North Macedonia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria). Other interested participants (researchers, professionals) will be selected on a case by case basis, depending on the open spaces after the 20th of August.
The limit of participants is set to 25 and the following selection criteria will apply, if more will be registered:
- Master/PhD student from the ESEE region (Bosnia & Herzegovina, Hungary, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Greece, North Macedonia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria)
- Field of study (Chemistry, Metallurgy, Mining, Geology, Materials science, Environmental sciences)
- Motivational letter
The student applicants will be selected upon fulfillment of the above criteria on a first - come, first - serve basis. Other interested participants will be informed after 20th of August on the available open spaces. Selection criteria will be based on their field of profession, the same as fields of study listed above, and the date of application following first - come, first - serve principle.